3/19/11

Psalm 66

Ps.66

To the choirmaster. A song. A Psalm.
Tune: Miles Lane, C.M. [E flat]
or All Saints New CMD "The Son of God goes forth to war a kingly crown gain".

1 All lands to God in joyful sounds
Aloft your voices raise;
2 Sing forth the honor of His name,
And glorious make His praise.

3 Say unto God, How terrible,
In all Thy works art Thou!
Through Thy great power Thy foes to Thee
Shall be constrained to bow.

4 Yes, all the earth shall worship Thee,
And unto Thee shall sing;
And to Thy name most glorious
Their songs of praise shall bring.

5 O come, behold the works of God,
His mighty doings see;
In dealing with the sons of men
Most terrible is He.

6 He turned the sea into dry land,
So they a pathway had;
They through the river went on foot,
There we in Him were glad.

7 He ruleth ever by His might;
His eyes the nations try;
Let not the proud rebellious ones
Exalt themselves on high.

8 O all ye people, bless our God;
Aloud proclaim His praise,
9 Who holdeth safe our soul in life
Our feet from sliding stays.

                  

10 For Thou, O God, hast tested us
As silver is refined;
11 Didst take us in a net; on us
A heavy load didst bind.

12 Thou madest men ride o'er our heads;
Through fire and flood we passed;
But Thou didst bring us out to share
A bounteous place at last.

13 I'll bring burnt off'rings to Thy house;
To Thee my vows will pay,
14 As I gave promise with my lips
When trouble on me lay.

15 Burnt sacrifice of fattened beasts
With smoke of rams I'll take,
And from the bullocks and the goats
To Thee an off'ring make.

16 All ye that fear Him, come and hear
What God did for my soul;
17 I with my mouth have cried to Him;
My tongue did Him extol.

18 If in my heart I sin regard,
The Lord will never hear;
19 But surely God has heard my voice;
He to my prayer gave ear.

20 Forever blessed be our God;
My prayer He has not spurned,
Nor has He ever yet from me
His lovingkindness turned.






No comments:

Share |