3/15/11

Psalm 62



1 My soul in silence waits for God;
he's my salvation proved.
2 He is my stronghold and my rock;
I'll not be greatly moved.

 3 How long will you a man assail
and seek to make him fall
as though he were a tott'ring fence
or like a leaning wall?

4 They plot to bring his glory down;
in lies they take delight;
and while they bless him with their mouth,
they curse with inward spite.

5 My soul, in silence wait for God,
For he my hope has proved.
6 He's my salvation, stronghold, rock,
and I shall not be moved.

7 In God alone my glory is
and my salvation sure;
my rock of strength is found in God,
my refuge most secure.

8 On him, O people, ever more
rely with confidence;
pour out your heart before his face,
for God is our defense.

9 The sons of man are vanity,
the best of men a lie;
together in the balance they
are lighter than a sigh.

10 Then in oppression do not hope;
nor yet for plunder lust;
though power and force may seem to thrive,
in this build not your trust.

11 For truly God has spoken once;
he twice to me made known;
that strength and power belong to God
and unto him alone;

12 for so it is that sovereign grace
belongs to you, my Lord;
for you according to his work
do every man reward

Tune: St Flavian CM ("In Sweet Communion, Lord")
    or    Marlow CM  ("Am I a Soldier of the Cross")



No comments:

Share |