3/09/11

Psalm 57



For the director of music. Destroy not. Of David. A miktam.
When he had fled from Saul into the cave.

1 Show grace to me, O God, show grace,
for in you I've my hiding place;
so I will hide in your wing's shade
until these troubles pass away.

2 I'll cry to God Most High, to God
who brings to pass his plans for me.
3 He'll send his love and truth from heav'n,
save me from those in hot pursuit.

4 I'm in the midst of lions strong;
I lie down with man-eating beasts,
with spears and arrows for their teeth;
these men have tongues like sharpened
swords.

5 O be exalted high, O God,
above the starry heavens vast;
and let your glory be advanced
Above the whole of earth's wide bounds.

6 They spread a net to catch my feet;
my life had nearly gone from me.
They dug a pit where I would walk,
but into it they fell themselves!

7 My heart is sure, my heart is sure;
to you, O God, I'll sing and play.
8 Wake up, my tongue; wake harp and lyre!
The dawn I'll waken by my praise!

9 I'll thank you LORD, in Gentiles' midst;
among the peoples sing your praise:
10 for your love fills the heavens high,
And your truth reaches to the sky.

11 O be exalted high, O God,
above the starry heavens vast;
and let your glory be advanced
above the whole of earth's wide bounds.

1 comment:

Harlan Paulson said...

In vs. 3 & 10. love is more like steadfast love (or covenant-keeping love) and truth can more literally be faithfulness.

Share |