3/16/11

Psalm 63 a great version


Te Deum, 687.687.10.10.87. [D]
1.1 O God, You are my God,
And early will I seek for You;
My soul is athirst for You.
My flesh cries out for You
From out a dry and thirsty land,
A land where no water is.
2 For thus to behold You in splendid strength
I gazed after You in the holy place.
3 Since Your grace is much more than life,
My lips will give praise to You.
2.4 I'll bless You while I live,
And I will ever lift my hands
To praise and confess Your name.
5 My soul will be made full
As with all choice and hearty meats;
I'll praise You with joyful lips.
6 I think of You thus as I lie in bed
And bring You to mind in the hours of night.
7 Since You ever have been my help,
Your wings are my shield and joy.
3.8 My soul clings fast to You;
Your right hand holds me safely up.
9 When men would destroy my life,
To depths of earth they go;
10 They are delivered to the sword,
To jackals become a prey.
11 The king will rejoice and be glad in God,
And they boast aloud who have sworn in Him,
But the mouth will be made to stop
Of those who declare a lie.

No comments:

Share |