3/09/11

Psalm 56

Ps.56

1. Be gracious unto me, O God;
   the man of earth would me devour.
   He fights against me all day long,
   oppressing me with all his power.

2. My foes are watching day and night;
   they many fight from places high.
3. The day I fear I'll trust in You.
4. The word of God I'll magnify.

   In God I trust; I will not fear,
   for what can mere flesh do to me?
5. All day they twist my words; their thoughts
   are all of schemes to injure me.

6. They meet, they lurk, they mark my steps;
   they're waiting for my soul to fall.
7. For their iniquity, O God,
   in wrath bring down the nations all.

8. You count my wanderings; my tears
   you keep in precious mem-o-ry.
9. My foes shall, when I call, turn back;
   long I have known God is for me.

10.In God, whose word I'll always praise,
   the LORD, whose word my praise shall be.
11.In God I trust; I will not fear,
   for what can mere man do to me?

12.I'll pay my vows with thanks to you;
   from death, O God, you set me free,
13.kept me from falling, that with God
   my walk in light of life may be.

Tune: Winchester New LM
      "O Splendor of God's Glory"

No comments:

Share |