2/20/11

Psalm 41

Ps. 41
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
 Tune: Materna CMD "America the Beautiful" 
1   Blest he who gives his careful thought 
    to weak and helpless ones:
    the LORD will surely save him when
    the time of trouble comes.

2  The LORD will guard, keep him alive:
    he'll prosper in the land;
    and he will not deliver him
    into his en'mies hand.

3  When sick the LORD will strengthen him,
    and carefully make his bed.
4  "Heal me; against you I have sinned;
    LORD, mercy show," I said.

5  "When will he die; his line die out?"
    is what my foes all pray;
6  so when they come to visit me
    they don't mean what they say.

    They gather gossip, then go out
    and spread it all about.
7  They whisper quietly on the side;
    discuss a dreadful fate:

8  "He'll never leave his bed again;
    his is a hopeless case."
9  My friend with whom I often ate,
    his heel puts in my face.

10 But mercy show, LORD, me restore;
     thus I'll repay their sin.
11 And so I'll know you're pleased with me,
     and that my foes won't win.

12 Because of my integrity
     you keep firm hold of me;
    and ever in your presence you
    assign my place to be.

13 The LORD, the God of Israel,
     be blest and blest again,
     from age to age eternally.
     Amen! I say, Amen!
    




1 comment:

Harlan Paulson said...

From Psalm 41 (& Matthew 25) by Surgeon, edited. Tune: any 7s.

1 JESUS, poorest of the poor! Man of sorrows! Child of grief! Happy they whose bounteous store Minister'd to your relief.

2 Jesus, though your head is crown'd, Crown'd with loftiest majesty, In your members you are found, Plunged in deepest poverty.

3 Happy they who wash your feet,
Visit you in your distress! Honour great, and labour sweet, For your sake the saints to bless!

4 They who feed your sick and faint For yourself a banquet find; They who clothe the naked saint Round your loins the raiment bind.

5 You will keep their soul alive; From their foes protect their head; Languishing their strength revive, And in sickness make their bed.

6 You will deeds of love repay; Grace shall gen'rous hearts reward Here on earth, and in the day When they meet their reigning Lord.

Share |