2/03/11

Psalm 26

 Can be sung to Aurelia "The Church's one Foundation"

1 O LORD, now vindicate me;
I've been made right with you,
And in the LORD I've trusted
With steady purpose true.
2 Probe me, O LORD, and test me;
Examine heart and mind.
3 My eyes are on your mercy;
your way of truth I find.

4 I gang not with pretenders,
Nor join deceitful men.
5 I hate wrong-doers' meetings;
I'll not join wicked men.
6 With washed and blameless hands, LORD,
your altar I'll draw near,
7 That I may with thanksgiving
your wondrous works declare.

8 O LORD, how much I cherish
Abiding in your home;
I love that chosen dwelling
Where you in glory come.
9 Sweep me not up with sinners;
Spare me from blood they spill,
10 Whose hands hide evil-doing,
Whose right hand bribes do fill.

11 That I may walk sincerely
The way you've set for me,
O do you now redeem me!
Be merciful to me!
12 My ransomed foot is standing
On smooth and even ground.
Within the congregation
The LORD's praise I will sound.

No comments:

Share |