2/05/11

Psalm 28



1 LORD, my Rock, to you I cry!
O be not deaf to me!
If you speak not, I must lie
with those entombed that be.
2 Hear when I before you stand,
there to voice my earnest plea,
when I lift imploring hands
before your sanctu'ry.

3 Drag me not away from you
with men engaged in sin,
who with peace their neighbors woo
while murder lurks within.
4 Give to them their cup of woe,
all the evils they have wrought.
Let them by your judgment know
the woes which they have brought.

5 Since the doings of the LORD,
his works, they yet ignore,
he'll make ruin their reward
nor build them any more.
6 Bless the LORD! My cry he heard!
7 My defense, my shield, the LORD!
My heart trusted in his word;
with help I am restored.

Glad in heart, I'll raise my song.
8 The LORD protects his own.
His Anointed he makes strong;
he saves and guards his throne.
9 Save your people; prosper them;
Bless them for your heritage.
Be their shepherd. Carry them
Secure through every age.


*Looking for the tune came across a good set of lyrics from Charles Wesley
about the Lord's table...

No comments:

Share |