2/04/11

Psalm 27

                           Psalm 27


1 The LORD's my shining light and my salvation sure;
who can fill me with fright or move my heart secure?
The LORD's my stronghold ever near;
of whom then shall I stand in fear?

2 When adversaries came to eat my flesh away,
those wicked tripped in shame,and fell to their dismay.
3 Though hosts surround, I will not quail;
and still I trust, though war assail.



4 My one desire has been, still to the LORD I'll pray,
that all my days within the LORD's house I may stay,
the LORD's own beauty to admire,
and in his temple to inquire.


5 When troubles fill my day, when fears and dangers throng,
securely hid I'll stay in his pavilion strong.
He'll hide me in his tent always;
and high upon a rock me raise.


6 My head shall lifted be above my enemies.
Within his tent with glee I'll offer sacrifice
of shouts of joy. My song I'll bring;
yes, praises to the LORD I'll sing.


7 LORD, hear me when I cry! O answer me in grace!
8 Each time I hear you say, "Enquire and seek my face,"
my heart in glad response will speak,
"Your face, O LORD, I'll always seek."


9 Hide not your face from me, your servant now, I pray;
the day you angry be O turn me not away!
You've been my help. Forsake me not!
God, my Salvation, leave me not!

10 Though parents cast off may, the LORD will care for me.
11 Teach me, O LORD, your way; on level path lead me.
For me my foes in ambush wait;
my way is lined with those who hate.

12 O to my foes desire hand me not over now!
They cunningly conspire their charges false to vow.
Their every breath is cruelty; 
how hopeless seems my cause to be,

13. oh had I not believed that I would surely see
the goodness of the LORD with those that living be!
14 Wait for the LORD! With strength restored,
be brave in heart. Wait for the LORD.

                                                             can be sung to the tune Bevan "Jesus my great High Priest"







1 comment:

Harlan Paulson said...

What is it to"be brave in heart"?

Verse 14 says it is to "Wait for the LORD".

Share |