2/18/11

Psalm 40


1.1 I waited for the LORD;
He stooped and heard my cry.
2 He brought me from the pit,
Out of the dungeon mire,
My feet set on a rock,
My footsteps made secure.
3 My lips He gave a song,
A song to praise our God.


2.Many will see with awe,
And so will trust the LORD.
4 Blest he who trusts in GOD,
And turns not to false men.
5 You have worked wonders, LORD;
No one compares to You!
Should I declare each one,
Their number is too great.


3.6 You want no offering,
Nor ask a sacrifice,
But You have given me
A ready ear to hear.
You ask no off'rings burnt
Nor sacrifice for sin.
7 So I say, "Here I come,
As in the scroll inscribed.


4.8 "To do Your will, O God,
To me is my delight.
Your law is part of me,
Deep in my heart, O God."
9 In congregation great
I told Your righteousness.
You know, LORD, I spoke out;
I did not close my lips.



5.10 I hid not in my heart
Your truth and saving help;
Your faithfulness I preached
In the assembly great.
11 You'll not withhold from me
Your tender mercies , LORD,
And Your unfailing love
Will ever keep me safe.

6.12 Misfortunes beyond count
Have taken hold of me.
My sins close in on me
So that I cannot see.
In greater sum are they
Than hairs upon my head.
So my heart fails in me;
My courage fades away.

7.13 Come to my rescue, LORD;
O LORD, make haste to help.
Let all who seek my life
Be shamed and be confused.
14 Let them fall back in shame
Who want to see my hurt;
15 Let them be dumb who jeer.
"A-ha, A-ha" to me.

8.16 Let all men who seek You
Be glad and in You joy;
Who Your salvation love
Say, "Glory to the LORD!"
17 Though I'm in want and poor,
The Lord takes thought of me.
My Help, my Savior, come!
O God, do not delay!





No comments:

Share |