4/25/11

Psalm 94


1.1 God of vengeance, O Jehovah, God of vengeance, O shine forth!
2 Rise up, O you Judge of Nations! Render to the proud their worth.
3 O LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked boast?
4 Arrogant the words they pour out, ill men all, a taunting host.

2.5 They, Jehovah, crush your people and your heritage distress;
6 They kill sojourner and widow, murder they the fatherless.
7 And they say, "Jehovah sees not; Jacob's God does not have eyes."
8 Understand, O stupid people! When, O fools, will you be wise?

3. 9 Who the ear made, does he hear not? Who formed eyes, does he not see?
10 Who warns nations, does he smite not? Who men teaches, knows not he?
11 All the thoughts of men the LORD sees, knows that but a breath are they.
12 Blessed the man whom you chastise, LORD, whom you teach to know your Way.

4. 13 Give him rest from days of trouble, till the wicked be o'er-thrown.
 14 Our LORD will not leave his people, will abandon not his own.
15 When to every verdict given justice shall come back again,
    Everyone whose heart is upright will see righteous judgment then.


16 Who for me withstands the wicked? Who against wrong pleads for me?
17 If the LORD were not my helper, soon my soul would silent be.
18 If I say, "My foot is slipping!" LORD, your mercy will uphold.
19 When mine anxious thoughts are many, how your comforts cheer my soul!

20 Can destructive rulers join you and by law disorder build?
21 They conspire against the righteous, sentence just ones to be killed.
22 But the LORD is still my stronghold; God, my Refuge, will repay.
23 He'll for sin wipe out the wicked; them the LORD our God will slay.
Tune: Austria

No comments:

Share |