5/02/11

Psalm 95

Ps.95

1 O come, and let us to the LORD in songs our voices raise,
   with joyful noise before the Rock of our salvation praise!

2 Let us before his presence come with praise and thankful voice;
   let us sing psalms to him with grace, and make a joyful noise!

3 For God's a great God and great king, above all gods he is.
4 Depths of the earth are in his hand, the strength of hills is his!

5 To him the spacious sea belongs, for he the same did make;
   the dry land also from his hands its form at first did take.

6 O come and let us worship him; let us with one accord
   in presence of our Maker kneel, and bow before the LORD.

7 For he alone is our strong God; we are his chosen sheep,
   the people in his pasture fed, whom his own hand will keep.

   Today take heed to what he says:
8 "O harden not your hearts
   as those at Meribah, and at Mas-sah, in desert parts.

9  Your fathers tried and tempted me, though they my work perceived.
10 And with that generation I for forty years was grieved.

    I said, 'They have a wand'ring heart, and they my ways detest.'
11 In wrath I swore they should not come into my promised rest."
or Herbert CM x3

No comments:

Share |