5/08/11

Psalm 101


1.1 Of mercy and of justice, O LORD, I'll sing to thee.
2 In uprightness and wisdom shall my behavior be.
O when in lovingkindness wilt thou to me come near?
I'll walk within my dwelling with heart and life sincere.
2.3 I will permit no base thing before my eyes to be.
I hate unfaithful doing; it shall not cleave to me.
4 The man whose heart is froward shall from my presence go;
and nothing that is evil will I consent to know.
3.5 I'll cut him off that slanders his neighbor secretly;
I'll not endure the proud heart nor eyes that haughty be.
6 My eyes are with the faithful that he may dwell with me;
the man whose walk is upright my minister shall be.
4.7 No man of works deceitful within my house shall dwell;
nor in my sight shall tarry a man who lies will tell.
8 Each morning with destruction the wicked I'll reward,
to free from evil-doers the city of the LORD.

A Psalm of David

Tune: Aurelia

No comments:

Share |