4/10/11

Psalm 81

1 To God our Strength, to Jacob's God,
   a song and shout now raise!
2 With psalm and timbrel, harp, and lute,
   awake to joyous praise!
3 At each new moon the trumpets blow
   for solemn festal days.

4 This is the law of Jacob's God,
   for Isr'el his command.
5 This witness he for Joseph set
   when smiting Egypt's land.
   When there I heard a foreign tongue
   I could not understand.

6 I from his shoulder took the load,
   his hands from burdens freed.
7 You called me when in trouble sore;
   I saved you in your need,
   tried you at streams of Meribah;
   in thunder I gave heed.                [Selah]

8  Hear, O my people! Is-ra-el;
    'Gainst you I'll testify.
    If only you would hear me now!
9  On no strange god rely;
     have none near you; don't worship them.
10 The LORD your God am I.

     I brought you up from Egypt's land;
     your opened mouth I'll fill.
11 My people would not hear my voice;
     my Isr'el spurned me still.
12 I left them to their stubborn heart,
     to walk by their own will.

13 O that my people would me hear
     and Isr'el choose my way!
14 How soon I would their foes subdue!
     My outstretched hand I'd lay
     upon their adversaries all,
     to fill them with dismay.

15 Then all who hate the LORD would cringe,
16 in fear and dread abide.
    But Isr'el with the finest wheat
    he'd always keep supplied.
    And I with honey from the rock
    would keep you satisfied.


No comments:

Share |