4/19/11

Psalm 89


  

1 Of GOD’S love I’ll sing forever, To each age Your faithfulness.
2 I’ll declare Your love’s forever, Founded in the word from heav’n:
3 “With My Chosen I’ve made cov’nant, To my servant David sworn:
4 ‘I’ll your line confirm forever, To each age build up your throne.”

5 LORD, the heavens praise Your Wonders, Angels sing Your faithfulness.
6 For none matches GOD in heaven, Who’s like GOD in heaven’s throng?
7 God is feared among the angels, He’s more awesome than they all.
8 LORD, O God of hosts, who’s like You? Mighty God, You’re girt with truth.

 . . . .

20 “I have found my servant David; With My oil anointed him.
21 My hand will be ever with him, And My pow’r will make him strong.
22 None to tribute will subject him, Nor will wicked ones oppress.
23 I will crush his foes before him; Those who hate him I’ll strike down.

24 “My strong love and truth is with him; I will raise his head up high;
25 To the Sea his rule extending, And to rivers in the east.
26 He will cry: ‘You are my Father; You’re my God, my Saviour, Rock.’
27 I’ll appoint him as My firstborn, Highest of the kings of earth.

28 “I’ll keep love for him forever, My oath to him will not fail.
29 I’ll his line establish always, And his throne for evermore.
30 If his sons forsake My teaching,
31 Break My laws, commands and rules,
32 I’ll their sins severely punish,
33  But not take my love from him.

. . . .

50 Lord, remember all the insults Which Your servants bear for You.
In my heart I bear the insults Taunting nations cast on them.
51 Insults, LORD, for Your Anointed, Mocking ev’ry step he takes.
52 Yet, LORD, You are ever blessed, So I say, Amen! Amen!

1 comment:

Harlan Paulson said...

also called Ode to Joy - Beethoven ?

Share |