4/04/11

Psalm 75



1. To you, O God, we render thanks, to you give thanks sincere,
     because your wondrous works declare that your great name is near.
2. When my appointed time is come, I'll judge with even hand.
3. Though earth and all its dwellers melt, I make its pillars stand.

4. I to the boastful said, "Boast not!" to vile men, "Lift no horn!
5. Do not lift up your horn on high,  nor speak with neck of scorn!"
6. For not from east nor west nor wilds comes exaltation nigh,
7. for God is judge, debasing one, another raising high.

8. The LORD pours out a foaming cup which well-mixed wine contains,
    and every wicked one on earth must drink; the dregs he drains.
9. But I will tell it evermore, to Jacob's God sing praise;
10. all horns of sinners I'll cut off, but just men's horns I'll raise.

Here's a possible tune (with the 1912 paraphrase words): Farrant C.M.

No comments:

Share |