4/16/11

Psalm 86


1 Turn to me, LORD, hear my cry,
   for I poor and needy am.
2 Keep me safe is what I pray,
   for I'm steadfast in your way.
   Save your servant – you're my God,
   and I ever trust in you.

3 Mercy show to me, O Lord,
   for I cry to you each day.
4 Make your servant sing your song,
   for your presence Lord, I long.
5 Lord, you're good, keen to forgive;
   those who seek you know your love.

6 To my prayer, O LORD, give ear;
   give attention to my plea.
7 In my strife, to you I go,
   for you'll answer me I know.
8 There's no God like you, O Lord;
   none can make what you have made.

9   All the nations that you've made,
     Lord, will bow and honor you.
10 You are great, do wondrous things;
     you are God, yes, you alone.
11 God of grace teach me your way;
     I will walk on in your truth.

     Give to me a single heart
     so that I may fear your name.
12 Lord my God, I'll praise in truth,
     give you honor evermore.
13 For your love to me is great;
     you'll deliver from the grave.

14 God, the proud against me rise;
     ruthless men now seek my life:
     men without regard for you.
15 But, Lord, you're a God of grace,
     full of pity, patient too,
     loyal in your cov'nant love.

16 Turn to me and mercy show.
     To your servant give your strength;
     rescue me, your handmaid's son.
17 Show to me a sign for good,
     so my foes may see, be shamed,
     know that you, God, help and save.

A prayer of David.

No comments:

Share |