4/18/11

Psalm 88

1 LORD, the God of my salvation,
   day and night I cry to you.
2 Let my prayer now find acceptance
   in your mercy answer me.
3 Full of trouble, I am dying;
4 helpless, to the pit I'm brought.
5 Cast adrift as in death's darkness,
   severed from your thought and care.

6 To the lowest pit you've brought me,
7 even to the darkest depth.
   Your wrath heavy lies upon me;
   I'm o'erwhelmed with waves of wrath.
8 You've my close friends taken from me,
   made them all my name despise.
   I'm confined as in a dungeon.
9 I am blinded by my tears.

     God of grace, each day I cry out,
     and I raise my hands to you.
10 Do you show the dead your wonders?
     Do the dead rise up and praise?
11 Is your love in grave recited,
     your truth in destruction told?
12 Are your wonders seen in darkness,
     and your deeds in land of doom?

13 Still I cry to you for help, LORD;
     ev'ry morn to you I pray.
14 Why, O LORD, do you reject me,
     and your face turn from my soul?
15 From my youth I've been afflicted,
     constantly been close to death.
     I have suffered from your terrors,
     and I am in deep despair.

16 Over me your anger rages;
     your assaults have cut me off.
17 All day long I am afflicted:
     by a flood I am engulfed.
18 You have taken dearest loved ones,
     and my friends put far from me;
     so that I, as my companion,
     have the gloom of darkness near.

A song. A psalm of the sons of Korah. For the director of music.
According to mahalath leannoth. A maskil of Hemen the Ezrahite.
Tune: Genevan 42
Our Preferred  Tune : Amara 

No comments:

Share |