4/08/11

Psalm 77

Ps.77
1 I cry to God to hear and help;
2 I sought you when distressed;
   through all the night I stretched my hands;
   my soul refused to rest.
3 I thought of you, O God, and groaned;
   and, musing, felt quite weak;
4 you kept sleep far from me, yet I
   too troubled was to speak.

5 I thought of days and years gone by,
   recalled my song at night;
6 I meditated in my heart,
   my spirit searched for light.
7 Forever will the Lord cast off?
   His favor show no more?
8 Forever has his mercy gone?
   Is his word now no more?

9 Has God forgotten all his grace
   and his compassions kind?
   Or can it be his mercies all
   he has in wrath withdrawn?
10 Then I replied: "Such questions show
     my own infirmity.
    The right hand of the Mighty God
    through years must changeless be."

11 The LORD's deeds I will celebrate;
     your works of old recall.
12 I'll ponder all that you have done,
     think on your wonders all.
13 O God, most holy is your way;
     what god is like our God?
14 O God of miracles; your strength
     you have made known abroad.

15 You have redeemed your people all,
     your arm's strength you have shown;
     your people sons of Jacob are,
     and Joseph is your own.
16 The waters saw you, God, and feared;
     the deeps were all convulsed.
17 The clouds burst and the thunder pealed;
     your arrows brightly flashed.

18 Your thunder rolled around the heav'ns;
     your lightnings lit the sky;
     the earth was trembling fearfully:
19 your way led through the sea.
     You cut your path through mighty floods,
     no footprints left behind.
20 By Moses and by Aaron you
     your flock led by their hand.
    Auld Lang Syne CMD

No comments:

Share |