7/18/11

Psalm140


  1.  From men of greed and violence, O LORD my soul release;
  2. they evil in their hearts devise, and wars they would increase.
         3. As keen as any serpent’s fangs so sharp their tongues they make,
   and underneath their lips there hides the venom of a snake.

    4.  Guard me from men of violence, O LORD, from lawless force;
      their purpose is to bring me down, to overthrow my course.
 5.  The proud hid traps and cords for me; they have a secret net
       along the wayside spread for me, and snares for me they set.

    6.   But I have said unto the LORD, “In truth you are my God."
Jehovah, hear my voice when I in supplication bow. 
 7.  My Lord Jehovah is for me salvation’s strength and stay;
    he is the cover for my head when comes the battle day.

         8.  Grant not, O LORD, that wicked men see their desire draw nigh.
           and do not help them in their plots to lift themselves on high. 
  9.  As for the head of all those men who have surrounded me,
     by all the mischief of their lips let them now covered be.

                    10. Let burning coals upon them fall; to flames let them be cast,
                        and in the deepest pits from which they cannot rise at last.       
11. Let not the slanderer on earth  enjoy security;
     let evil hunt the violent and smite relentlessly.

           12.  I know Jehovah will maintain the cause of those oppressed;
    he will defend the right of those  by poverty distressed.
             13. And then the righteous to your name their thanks will surely give;
           and they that upright are in heart shall in your presence live.

No comments:

Share |