7/07/11

Psalm 129

1. 1 "Time and again they greatly did oppress me
from my youth up," let Israel declare;
2 "Time and again they greatly did oppress me
from my youth up, yet they did not prevail."

2. 3 Upon my back, like plowmen plowing furrows,
so did they make their gouges deep and long.
4 Yet is Jehovah righteous in his dealings;
the ropes of lawless men he cuts apart.

3. 5 Let them be shamed and fall back in confusion,
all those who bear for Zion bitter hate.
6 Let them become like grass upon the housetops
which withers up before it can be pulled.

4. 7 From such the reaper cannot get one handfull,
nor can the one who binds fill up his arms.
8 None passing say, "Jehovah's blessing on you!
We give you blessing in Jehovah's name!"

Tune:  Old 110th, 11.10.11.10

No comments:

Share |