7/18/11

Psalm 142

1 I loudly cry out to the LORD;
   I plead for aid to GOD.
2 Before him pour my troubled thoughts;
   I tell him my distress.

3 For when my spirit is depressed,
   you guard the way I take;
   for in the path that I must walk
   men hide their snares for me.

4 Look to my right and you will see;
   none is concerned for me.
   I have no place where I can hide;
   none cares to guard my life.

5 I cry to you, O LORD, and say:
   "In you I shelter find;
   you are the one who's my support
   within the land of life."

6 Pay heed now to my cry and save;
   I am in desperate need.
   save me from those who dog my heels,
   for they're too strong for me.

7 O bring me from the prison house
   so I can thank your name.
   The just will crowd around me when
   your love is shown to me.
Tune: Orton (C M)
or Auld Lang Syne

No comments:

Share |