7/17/11

Psalm 138

1 With all my heart my thanks I'll bring,
   before the gods your praises sing;
2 I'll worship in your holy place
  and praise your name for truth and grace;

   For you above your name adored
   have magnified your faithful word.
3 The day I called your help appeared;
   with inward strength my soul was cheered.

4 All kings of earth shall thanks accord
   when they have heard your words, O LORD;
5 Jehovah's way they'll celebrate;
   the glory of the LORD is great.

6 Although Jehovah is most high,
   on lowly ones he bends his eye;
   but those that proud and haughty are
   he knows them only from afar.

7 Through trouble though my pathway be,
   you will revive and comfort me.
   your outstretched hand you will oppose
   against the wrath of all my foes.

   Your hand, O LORD, shall set me free.
8 God will perfect his plan for me;
   Your mercy, LORD, forever stands;
   Leave not the work of your own hands.

No comments:

Share |