7/21/11

Psalm 143

1 LORD, hearken to my prayer;
   my supplication hear.
   Reply in truth and in righteousness.
2 And with your servant now
   to judgment do not come,
   for in your sight no man is just.

3 The foe has hounded me;
   my life to earth has crushed.
   Entombed he kept me as those long dead.
4 My spirit therefore faints,
   within me overwhelmed.
   My heart in me is desolate.

5 I days of old recall;
   I muse on all your deeds;
   I ponder long what your hands have wrought.
6 I stretch my hands to you;
   my soul longs after you
   as thirsts a dry and desert land.

7 Haste, LORD, to answer me!
   O how my spirit fails!
   Hide not the light of your face from me,
   Lest I become like those
   who to the pit go down.
   O let me not with them descend.

8 Let me your mercy hear
   when morning light appears;
   I flee to you for my hiding place.
   Teach me to know the way;
   Show me how I should walk,
   for I lift up my soul to you.

9   Deliver me, O LORD,
     from all my enemies;
     that you may hide me I flee to you.
10 Teach me to do your will;
     my God of Spirit good,
     O make me dwell in upright lands.

11 For your name's sake, O LORD,
     deal graciously with me;
     relieve my soul in your righteousness.
12 My foes slay in your grace;
     destroy my enemies,
     because I am your servant true.

1 comment:

Harlan Paulson said...

Do some requests here feel hard for me to utter? Could I ask them on behalf of the One who rules with a rod of iron?

Share |