7/18/11

Psalm 141

1 O LORD, I am calling to you; please make haste,
   and give you attention when I cry to you.
2 My prayer be as incense accepted by you;
   as off'ring at ev'ning be my lifted hands.

3 O LORD, set a guard on my mouth, watch my lips;
4 my heart keep away from all evil desires.
   Keep me back from evil and from evil men,
   and let me not love to sit down at their feasts.

5 Let righteous ones strike me - a kindness it proves;
   and if he rebuke me - it's oil on my head;
   and I'll not refuse it, yet still I will pray
   that evil ones' deeds will be quite overthrown.

6 The leaders of evil down cliffs will be thrown;
   the wicked will learn that my words are all true.
7 they'll say, "Like one ploughing and breaking the earth,
   our bones have been scattered in reach of hell's jaws."

8  But my eyes see you, Sovereign LORD, you're my hope;
9  Don't let me see death, keep me out of man's snares.
10 But let wicked ones in their own nets be caught,
     while I at the same time pass by without hurt.

Tune: Immortal, invisible, God only wise

No comments:

Share |